Thursday 6 August 2020

A Robot Ate My Grandma – 3rd story in the Robot Babysitter series OUT NOW!





Hi folks, 

I hope you're all doing OK and staying safe. 

There's not been much to celebrate these past few months, so I'm really pleased to have a small piece of good news to announce. 

The third book in the Robot Babysitter series I've been doing for Stripes/Little Tiger Press comes out today! 

A ROBOT ATE MY GRANDMA finds the gang in another mess of trouble – this time with a mystery to solve. When Grandma goes missing and appears to have been replaced by a mechanical version of herself (AKA RoboGran), the twins' robot babysitter Robin activates his built-in detective mode and gets on the case (with Digby the dog as Dr Watson!). Unfortunately, Robin starts malfunctioning, and then a pair of strange and unexpected visitors arrive. Will they provide what the gang needs to solve the mystery or make things even worse? Only time will tell …

I had a lot of fun writing this one and, as always, Catalina has produced some fantastic illustrations to bring the characters and the action alive on the page. 

If you'd like a sneak preview, there's a video of me reading chapter one at the top of the page – I hope you enjoy it.

Take care and all the best
Dave

PS. If you'd like a sample of the second story in the series, you can watch Is My Teacher a Robot? here.

The first two stories in the series are also available as audiobooks, read by the excellent Peter Kenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment