Monday 20 April 2020

Writing Prompt – LIAR!

Hi folks, Hope everyone is doing OK.

This week I’m going to post a series of titles – a single word or a phrase. No hints or examples, just a set-up that will hopefully spark an idea.

Today’s title prompt is just one word:



As it’s Monday, and we all need a bit of help to get going, I've drafted a few questions below that might get you thinking. 


I find that writing stuff down really helps when I’m trying to come up with an idea. I can sit and chew my pen staring into space for hours trying to THINK up an idea. But if I write out what I’m thinking – a few questions to answer – before I know it, I’m writing! I call it THINKING WITH YOUR HANDS! Give it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised.


For this prompt you might write questions like:

– WHO IS THE LIAR? Is it YOU, the narrator? If so, can we believe anything you write?

– WHY DO YOU LIE? Can you simply not help yourself? 
Do you lie to be kind or to get your own way, or to stay out of trouble? Can you simply not help yourself? 

– OR IS IT A BIGGER LIE? Are you hiding a huge secret that means your entire life is a lie?!!

– WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO GAIN BY LYING?

– DO YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT LYING TO PEOPLE?
– WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU TOLD THE TRUTH?

– WHAT TROUBLE WILL THE LIES GET YOU INTO? This is the best one. Remember: Stories get good when things go wrong for the characters!

Good luck! Have fun. Let me know how you get on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment